[Libwebsockets] MAX_USER_RX_BUFFER

Gregory Junker ggjunker at gmail.com
Wed Apr 10 07:09:49 CEST 2013

I've only been paying vague attention to the list and commit logs, so my
apologies if this has already been addressed.

I need to expand the user receive buffer to A LOT more than 4096. For
instance, 8 or 16 MB would be good for us.

Why? I know that WebSockets gets most of its use in the JSON and XML world,
but I am pushing geometry data to WebGL clients (which is why WebSockets
and not straight TCP/IP sockets), and am also using LWS for the C++ clients
as well.

Right now the buffering of 4K at a time for a 13MB texture is killing the
app performance, and I need to be able to send this out in one (or two)
shot(s). The problem I see in my version of the code (old at this point) is
that MAX_USER_RX_BUFFER is used to create a stack allocation, so it's
probably not going to work so well simply to change MAX_USER_RX_BUFFER to
16*1024*1024.

Has there been any changes in the current code (either stable or HEAD) that
would make this easier, or are there any other suggestions that might work
well for this?

Thanks
Greg