[Libwebsockets] [1357004006:1893] ERR: Unable to spill ext 2819 vs 1448

"Andy Green (林安廸)" andy at warmcat.com
Wed Apr 3 02:55:30 CEST 2013

On 02/04/13 22:51, the mail apparently from Jack Mitchell included:
> Hi Everyone,
>
> Today I started encountering this error in my websocket application and
> for the life of me I can't figure out why I am getting it, could anyone
> shed any light?
>
> [1357004006:1893] ERR: Unable to spill ext 2819 vs 1448

What version of the library are you using?

The basic problem is you tried to send a packet of length 2819 but the
OS only accepted to buffer 1448 bytes of it.  Then we're screwed (can't
send more without blocking, no arrangements in lws to buffer partial
send packet) so it closes the connection, provoking the "closed on 0
length read" reports on the other side.

Currently lws takes action to reserve OS buffers for each connection of
the size of the read buffer for the protocol to stop this happening.

If you make sure your rx buffer size is say 3000 in the protocol
definition used on this connection, and use current libwebsockets, you
should be OK.