[Libwebsockets] methods other than GET

John Beuving johnbeuving at gmail.com
Mon Apr 8 15:06:11 CEST 2013

We have an older protocol which uses a HTTP PUT method to send XML messages to a device.
This device is now also being used more often in networks which are behind an internet proxy or mobile units.
To allow long term communication we allow the device to upgrade the protocol to use websockets and
use port 80.
We want to be backward compatible and support the old protocol and the newer websockets based protocol.