[Libwebsockets] methods other than GET

"Andy Green (林安廸)" andy at warmcat.com
Mon Apr 8 15:11:05 CEST 2013

On 08/04/13 21:06, the mail apparently from John Beuving included:
> We have an older protocol which uses a HTTP PUT method to send XML messages to a device.
> This device is now also being used more often in networks which are behind an internet proxy or mobile units.
> To allow long term communication we allow the device to upgrade the protocol to use websockets and
> use port 80.
> We want to be backward compatible and support the old protocol and the newer websockets based protocol.

They're two different activities, doing an HTTP PUT and starting a
websocket connection.

You're better off trying one then the other.

I'd guess it's a better bet to try the websocket connection and if that
doesn't work then fall back to trying the HTTP PUT action, since that
should only work with improving probability over time.

-Andy