[Libwebsockets] Unable to spill ext ... with no extensions active

Gregory Junker ggjunker at gmail.com
Thu Apr 11 03:53:54 CEST 2013

OK so I saw jack's email about the same error I see, but I am still unclear
on some things.

I set the rx buffer size on the server to 16MB:

[1365643285:2024] INFO: Allocating RX buffer 16777238

and yet, I can't seem to send a ~1.5MB buffer:

[1365643954:1120] ERR: Unable to spill ext 1722426 vs 278528

I'm not sure what to do, since clearly some of it was sent, as this call
returns 278528:

            n = lws_issue_raw(wsi, (unsigned char *)eff_buf.token,
                                eff_buf.token_len);

I am not doing an extension here, and ultimately userland code gets a "-1"
return value, which doesn't tell me anything useful. I can't tell from the
server test code if there are steps I am missing.

What is the proper way to handle this? And why is this an issue at all if
there ought to be plenty of room to send this data?

Thanks
Greg