[Libwebsockets] cmake .. - error --- linux system

Dinesh Guleria din.gulu.er at gmail.com
Sat Apr 27 03:45:07 CEST 2013


I installed open ssl, still getting error at .. cmake time :---

where to set this -- > *OPENSSL_ROOT_DIR*  ................    ???????

Also openssl is installed here :---
ssl header   -- > /usr/local/ssl/include/openssl/
ssl library is here  -- > /usr/local/ssl/lib/libssl.a
                         /usr/local/ssl/lib/libcrypto.a
openssl is here  -- > /usr/local/ssl/bin

===================== Error ======================

-- Found ZLIB: /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libz.so (found version "1.2.7")
ZLib include dirs: /usr/include
ZLib libraries: /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libz.so
Compiling with SSL support
CMake Error at
/usr/local/share/cmake-2.8/Modules/FindPackageHandleStandardArgs.cmake:97
(message):
 * Could NOT find OpenSSL, try to set the path to OpenSSL root folder in the
  system variable OPENSSL_ROOT_DIR (missing: OPENSSL_LIBRARIES
  OPENSSL_INCLUDE_DIR)*
Call Stack (most recent call first):

/usr/local/share/cmake-2.8/Modules/FindPackageHandleStandardArgs.cmake:291
(_FPHSA_FAILURE_MESSAGE)
  /usr/local/share/cmake-2.8/Modules/FindOpenSSL.cmake:313
(find_package_handle_standard_args)
  CMakeLists.txt:436 (find_package)


===============================


On Fri, Apr 26, 2013 at 9:14 AM, Dinesh Guleria <din.gulu.er at gmail.com>wrote:

> Thanks, then i will install this openssl-1.0.1e.tar.gz.
>
> //Regards,
> Din
>
> On Fri, Apr 26, 2013 at 3:22 AM, Andy Green <andy at warmcat.com> wrote:
>
>> If you're asking a question, stick "?" somewhere in your mail.
>>
>> Make install will probably put the headers in /usr/local/include/ssl/ or
>> simila.
>>
>>
>> -Andy
>>
>> Dinesh Guleria <din.gulu.er at gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Please anyone can confirm on it ?
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Din
>>>
>>> On Wed, Apr 24, 2013 at 6:10 PM, Dinesh Guleria <din.gulu.er at gmail.com>wrote:
>>>
>>>> Thanks Andy.. actually i have, source tarball from here. it have
>>>> configure script to make & make install
>>>> http://www.openssl.org/source/
>>>> openssl-1.0.1e.tar.gz
>>>>
>>>> >> You probably need to instal openssl-dev or openssl-devel package to
>>>> get the headers.
>>>> So with this (openssl-1.0.1e.tar.gz) i be able to achive same what you
>>>> suggested above.
>>>>
>>>> Regards,
>>>> //Din
>>>>
>>>> On Wed, Apr 24, 2013 at 3:58 PM, Andy Green <andy at warmcat.com> wrote:
>>>>
>>>>> You probably need to instal openssl-dev or openssl-devel package to
>>>>> get the headers.
>>>>>
>>>>> -Andy
>>>>>
>>>>> Dinesh Guleria <din.gulu.er at gmail.com> wrote:
>>>>>>
>>>>>>  Hi,
>>>>>>
>>>>>> As per Readme file libwebsocket requires openssl installes.
>>>>>>
>>>>>> openssl is here :---
>>>>>> *openssl: /usr/bin/openssl /usr/bin/X11/openssl
>>>>>> /usr/share/man/man1/openssl.1ssl.gz*
>>>>>>
>>>>>> But i am not able to find the -- open ssl header folder in ---
>>>>>> /usr/lib
>>>>>> /usr/local/lib
>>>>>>
>>>>>> This means that openssl is not installed ? Then how come openssl
>>>>>> executable is there in -- /usr/bin ?
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Please suggest what shall i do. Install openssh again
>>>>>>
>>>>>> //Din
>>>>>>
>>>>>> On Wed, Apr 24, 2013 at 12:14 PM, Dinesh Guleria <
>>>>>> din.gulu.er at gmail.com> wrote:
>>>>>>
>>>>>>> Hi,
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> I am getting following error when i build latest libwebsocket at the
>>>>>>> time of, cmake ...
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> But openssl is installed here
>>>>>>> *whereis openssl*
>>>>>>> openssl: /usr/bin/openssl /usr/bin/X11/openssl
>>>>>>> /usr/share/man/man1/openssl.1ssl.gz
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> What is openssl root folder ?
>>>>>>> =================================== Error ================
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> -- Looking for 4 include files stdlib.h, ..., float.h - found
>>>>>>> -- Found ZLIB: /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libz.so (found version
>>>>>>> "1.2.7")
>>>>>>> ZLib include dirs: /usr/include
>>>>>>> ZLib libraries: /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libz.so
>>>>>>> Compiling with SSL support
>>>>>>> CMake Error at
>>>>>>> /usr/local/share/cmake-2.8/Modules/FindPackageHandleStandardArgs.cmake:97
>>>>>>> (message):
>>>>>>>   Could NOT find OpenSSL, try to set the path to OpenSSL root folder
>>>>>>> in the
>>>>>>>   system variable OPENSSL_ROOT_DIR (missing: OPENSSL_LIBRARIES
>>>>>>>   OPENSSL_INCLUDE_DIR)
>>>>>>> Call Stack (most recent call first):
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> /usr/local/share/cmake-2.8/Modules/FindPackageHandleStandardArgs.cmake:291
>>>>>>> (_FPHSA_FAILURE_MESSAGE)
>>>>>>>   /usr/local/share/cmake-2.8/Modules/FindOpenSSL.cmake:313
>>>>>>> (find_package_handle_standard_args)
>>>>>>>   CMakeLists.txt:436 (find_package)
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> -- Configuring incomplete, errors occurred!
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> ======================================= openssl
>>>>>>> ========================
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> ignite at ignite:~/sbox2/rootfs/rfs-raspbian_2/home/pi/libwebsockets/build$
>>>>>>> *whereis openssl*
>>>>>>> openssl: /usr/bin/openssl /usr/bin/X11/openssl
>>>>>>> /usr/share/man/man1/openssl.1ssl.gz
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> Please suggest.
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> //Regards,
>>>>>>> Din
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>> ------------------------------
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Libwebsockets mailing list
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Libwebsockets at ml.libwebsockets.org
>>>>>> http://ml.libwebsockets.org/mailman/listinfo/libwebsockets
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>
>>>
>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <https://libwebsockets.org/pipermail/libwebsockets/attachments/20130427/2fa6efe2/attachment-0001.html>


More information about the Libwebsockets mailing list