[Libwebsockets] cmake .. - error --- linux system

"Andy Green (林安廸)" andy at warmcat.com
Sat Apr 27 03:50:47 CEST 2013

On 27/04/13 09:45, the mail apparently from Dinesh Guleria included:

I'm on the list, there is no need to mail me separately.

> I installed open ssl, still getting error at .. cmake time :---
>
> where to set this -- > *OPENSSL_ROOT_DIR*  ................    ???????
>
> Also openssl is installed here :---
> ssl header   -- > /usr/local/ssl/include/openssl/
> ssl library is here  -- > /usr/local/ssl/lib/libssl.a
>                           /usr/local/ssl/lib/libcrypto.a
> openssl is here  -- > /usr/local/ssl/bin
>
> ===================== Error ======================
>
> -- Found ZLIB: /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libz.so (found version "1.2.7")
> ZLib include dirs: /usr/include
> ZLib libraries: /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libz.so
> Compiling with SSL support
> CMake Error at
> /usr/local/share/cmake-2.8/Modules/FindPackageHandleStandardArgs.cmake:97 (message):
> *Could NOT find OpenSSL, try to set the path to OpenSSL root folder in the
>    system variable OPENSSL_ROOT_DIR (missing: OPENSSL_LIBRARIES

I don't know, since everyone uses their distro package and CMake finds them.

However looking at the error, did you try the advice it gave to set the
environment var OPENSSL_ROOT_DIR?  eg

export OPENSSL_ROOT_DIR=/usr/local/ssl

and then try cmake?

-Andy