[Libwebsockets] bidirectional binary data transfer with binary websockets

Thomas Spitz thomas.spitz at hestia-france.com
Fri Dec 27 17:57:19 CET 2013

Hello everybody,

Is there a simple way to send and receive binary data using lws? As for
example, sending/receiving a 1Mb binary configuration file, an image, ...

I've seen through test-fraggle example that it is possible to send big file
slicing it manually. I also saw that libwebsocket_write() returns the
number of byte effectively written and it is said that the user has to send
the rest of the message if it hasn't been completely sent. It seems that
raw functions are there but Am I missing any advance function like
extensions?

Thanks in advance,
Thomas