[Libwebsockets] libwebsockets : Query related to max connections supported, I/O mechanism and message posting

ayush jain jain.ayush09 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 11 12:16:22 CET 2013

Thanks Andy for clarifying further.

I saw a buffer with size 4096 bytes during recv() in libwebsockets
code. Does it mean this is the max message size which we can receive
for any protocol over websocket using the library? In my case
application message size can range upto 50k bytes.

In gist, what I can conclude for integrating libwebsockets in
multithreading environment is to have our own synchronization
mechanism (some sort of mutex) while calling API's like
'libwebsocket_service_fd' (let's say during receiving data) or
'libwebsocket_callback_on_writable' (let's say during asynchronous
data to be sent) from different threads. (As both of them are
referring to same global context)

Also, there has to be a per connection send/recv buffer required by
libwebsockets which will be allocated run time (for 1 lakh connection
if message size limit is 5000bytes, it would be 1 lakh * 5000 bytes ~
476MB for one side)