[Libwebsockets] Valgrind

"Andy Green (林安廸)" andy at warmcat.com
Mon Feb 11 08:04:57 CET 2013

Hi -

I pushed a bunch of bloat-reduction patches, the allocation for a
websocket with the library built for openssl, client and server and the
rest of the stuff defaults, on x86_64, is now only 240 bytes.  An extra
1328 is needed during header processing but is freed as soon as that's done.

I was curious about memory leaking, so I ran valgrind on both sides.  It
found a few problems which I also fixed and pushed.

Without building for ssl, it's now valgrind-clean on both the test
server and client.

With SSL, just initializing the library leaks 88 bytes

http://git.libwebsockets.org/cgi-bin/cgit/libwebsockets/commit/?id=ad68639a7bd74b8a4800168fc8963ab98bf7d716

and running it, it claims there's some unitnitialized accesses coming,
which cascade into quite a few warnings.  I'm unclear whether that's a
real problem or some kind of valgrind-noise, sincee there's no symptom
and it does not appear without ssl configured.

Does anyone have any experience with OpenSSL valgrind complaints or
suggestions?