[Libwebsockets] Deflate Frame Extension Question

Larry Hayes lhayesg at gmail.com
Tue Feb 12 22:32:26 CET 2013

I am using v1.0 of the library.
Configure Options:  --disable-static --enable-shared --enable-openssl
--enable-libcrypto --with-client-cert-dir=xxxx

This is a NON-SSL web socket connection.

I create both the Client and Server to support the
libwebsocket_internal_extensions.

My question is should deflate-frame extension support more than the
MAX_USER_RX_BUFFER size of data?
For Example:
Client calls libwebsocket_write with a buffer of 4119, of that UserData is
4097. I see this gets compressed to 206 bytes.
Which the server receives, 206 bytes, but it inflates to 4096 bytes of user
data.
libwebsockets_remaining_packet_payload tells me no more bytes. But I am
missing 1 byte of data.

The strange thing, if the server goes to close the connection, the client
will write 2 more bytes before the CALLBACK_CLOSED is called.

Anybody have an idea what is going on here?

Thanks for any help

Larry