[Libwebsockets] "Split" HTTP Responses

Andreas Wetzel andreas.wetzel at nanotronic.ch
Thu Feb 14 14:34:25 CET 2013

Hi,

Currently, I'm using libwebsockets v1.1 to stream live sensor-data to a
web-interface. the data is accumulated outside of libwebsockets thread,
submitted to client on "writeable" callback. Everything works as I would
expect it.

Now, I want to provide a method to save the sensor data-stream to a file
(on the client-side). Easiest way to do so seems to be without
websockets, but using a plain HTTP download.

I tried to achieve a similar functionality using the LWS_CALLBACK_HTTP
callback. But there seems no counterpart to the
LWS_CALLBACK_SERVER_WRITEABLE callback for HTTP (or non-websockets)
connections. Is that true?

Does anybody know how to handle that? Or is there another (better?)
method to send live-data to a file on client-side?

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Regards,
Andi

--
Andreas Wetzel
nanoTRONIC GmbH // Hintermättlistrasse 9 // CH-5506 Mägenwil