[Libwebsockets] CMake project for Libwebsockets and more

"Andy Green (林安廸)" andy at warmcat.com
Wed Feb 6 08:20:32 CET 2013

On 06/02/13 02:08, the mail apparently from Joakim Söderberg included:
> Hello,
>
> My repos, the branch is "newcmake":
> git://github.com/JoakimSoderberg/libwebsockets.git
> <http://github.com/JoakimSoderberg/libwebsockets.git>
>
> First of all, the Windows build was in the current upstream repos was
> broken in several ways, I've fixed some (crash) bugs relating to that.
> See the my commit log for specifics.

I see... you've been busy!  Nice to see the patches on top of almost
HEAD cleanly.

> Anyway. I've made a CMake project file for Libwebsockets which would be
> nice if it could be added upstream. It contains most of the features
> that the autoconf project does, plus some more. Most importantly, it
> vastly improves the Windows experience, without the need of manually
> editing a bunch of Visual Studio projects for different targets.

Yes that was always an asspain, especially since I don't have a use for
Windows builds myself it was always prone to rot.  Previously we had two
contributors working on it with different VS versions and committing
different and incompatible project files... that's not really workable.
  Having a Cmake text file is much better.

> I've also added support for using the CyaSSL library which has a OpenSSL
> compatibility layer. This is currently only supported in the CMake
> project (because of my lack of autoconf skills). Note that there is a
> crash bug in their current official version when SSL_free() is called
> when after using BIO_new_socket(). I've done a pull request for a fix,
> https://github.com/cyassl/cyassl/pull/23
>
> Tested on:
> - Windows XP
> - Linux
> - NetBSD
> - OSX

Great job, thanks for the patches: all applied.

http://git.libwebsockets.org/cgi-bin/cgit/libwebsockets/

> More about CMake:
> http://cmake.org/

At some point I will try your Cmake file in Linux and try to understand
if we can switch over.  I didn't have time to learn Cmake for no real
advatange (since I personally don't use Windows), but since you have
contributed it that's much easier to consider now.

> P.S.
> How come this project is not on github anyway? At least mirrored there?

OK.  I created this

https://github.com/warmcat/libwebsockets

and added it to my push script so it will mirror git.libwebsockets.org
there every push.

Thanks again for your work and contribution!