[Libwebsockets] If is it possible to change the licence from LGPL to BSD or MIT?

Gregory Junker ggjunker at gmail.com
Wed Feb 6 09:14:08 CET 2013

The problem with LGPL usually comes up with commercial game distribution,
often on consoles but more often now on handheld devices. It might be
possible to distribute a game with shared objects, but usually games prefer
to be statically-linked to limit hacking opportunities. Ogre3D, as an
example, used to be LGPL until users expressed interest in using it in
console games and other statically-linked applications, and the project
founder changed it a couple of releases ago to MIT.