[Libwebsockets] soname in CMake

Peter Pentchev roam at ringlet.net
Tue Feb 12 16:58:32 CET 2013

On Tue, Feb 12, 2013 at 10:54:08AM +0800, "Andy Green (林安廸)" wrote:
> Hi Joakim -
>
> I added a patch to bump the version to 1.2 and the soname for the
> library to so.3.0.0

Hi,

A bit off-topic, but since this came up...  Do you have any plans for
releasing a next version of libwebsockets?  I'm asking mainly because
(as you may have heard) I - along with a couple of other people - am
working on a Debian package, and since you intend to change the SONAME
of the library, it might be best for us to wait until you do - until
there is a libwebsockets uptsream release with a SONAME of 3 - before
the Debian package actually, well, gets uploaded to Debian :)

Please don't get me wrong - I'm neither pushing you to release soon
(that would be kind of weird coming from a packager for a distribution
that has "we release when it's ready" as a semiofficial motto ;), nor
saying "Why do you want to change the SONAME? That would be too much
work for me! Don't, don't, don't!" :)  Just asking about your plans so
that we may plan our packaging work accordingly.

Thanks for your outstanding work on libwebsockets!  And thanks for
merging my changes from #8 :) (except for the one that was overtaken by
events)

G'luck,
Peter

--
Peter Pentchev	roam at ringlet.net roam at FreeBSD.org p.penchev at storpool.com
Key fingerprint 2EE7 A7A5 17FC 124C F115  C354 651E EFB0 2527 DF13