[Libwebsockets] soname in CMake

"Andy Green (林安廸)" andy at warmcat.com
Wed Feb 13 02:00:03 CET 2013

On 12/02/13 23:58, the mail apparently from Peter Pentchev included:
> On Tue, Feb 12, 2013 at 10:54:08AM +0800, "Andy Green (林安廸)" wrote:
>> Hi Joakim -
>>
>> I added a patch to bump the version to 1.2 and the soname for the
>> library to so.3.0.0
>
> Hi,
>
> A bit off-topic, but since this came up...  Do you have any plans for
> releasing a next version of libwebsockets?  I'm asking mainly because

Yes hopefully today or tomorrow.

> (as you may have heard) I - along with a couple of other people - am
> working on a Debian package, and since you intend to change the SONAME
> of the library, it might be best for us to wait until you do - until
> there is a libwebsockets uptsream release with a SONAME of 3 - before
> the Debian package actually, well, gets uploaded to Debian :)

Right... Joakim has sent the Cmake support for it now, there are a
couple of things on the list thismorning to study too, if they come to a
good end and nothing else horrible appears I'll tag it out.

> Please don't get me wrong - I'm neither pushing you to release soon
> (that would be kind of weird coming from a packager for a distribution
> that has "we release when it's ready" as a semiofficial motto ;), nor
> saying "Why do you want to change the SONAME? That would be too much
> work for me! Don't, don't, don't!" :)  Just asking about your plans so
> that we may plan our packaging work accordingly.

No I understand... it's very close just need to reduce the outstanding
issues to zero, however briefly ^^

After that development should calm down, all the major engineering I had
planned is done now.

> Thanks for your outstanding work on libwebsockets!  And thanks for
> merging my changes from #8 :) (except for the one that was overtaken by
> events)

You're welcome, glad to have the contribution.