[Libwebsockets] Usage of -fstack-usage

"Andy Green (林安廸)" andy at warmcat.com
Wed Feb 13 02:25:59 CET 2013

On 13/02/13 01:22, the mail apparently from Anders Brander included:
> Hi,
>
> In 5f348a80a083a0e3a8c13f1377f19bb9c24cfba1 libwebsockets started using
> -fstack-usage. Any chance this could be made conditional? fstack-usage
> is only supported in gcc from version 4.6 on.
>
> I can make a patch checking for support in configure, but I have no idea
> about how to do it in cmake..?

Yes... I also found this out on Centos 5 with older gcc 4.6.

I don't think fstack-usage is really interesting for users generally, so
I just commented it out in the Makefile.am

http://git.libwebsockets.org/cgi-bin/cgit/libwebsockets/commit/?id=5b7312213ea8fe24f17f6214863a0e2fbfbb4474

It was worth looking at though since I was able to chop out at least
6KBytes from the necessary stack size.

I guess we learn more about CMake as we go on, at least we have a
working example thanks to Joakim.