[Libwebsockets] "Split" HTTP Responses

"Andy Green (林安廸)" andy at warmcat.com
Tue Feb 26 11:49:18 CET 2013

On 26/02/13 18:38, the mail apparently from Andreas Wetzel included:

> Hi,
>
> I just wanted to let you know about the "hacky" solution I found for my
> problem (now using libwebsockets v1.22):
>
> In the LWS_CALLBACK_HTTP i send the appropriate HTTP header using
> libwebsocket_write (which results in a basic "write" syscall). I then
> acquire the file-descriptor for the connection using
> libwebsocket_get_socket_fd, before I return 0 from the callback.
> Returning zero will prevent libwebsockets from closing the socket when
> the callback is left.
>
> Now, whenever I have new data to send to the client, i write it to the
> acquired file descriptor - completely separate from libwebsockets.
> As soon as I've transferred all my data, I call close() on the
> file-descriptor, which lets libwebsockets do its final cleanup.
>
> This for shure is neither a clean nor good way, but a working solution
> for my exact use-case.

Well there is a working example that sends leaf.jpg now in the test
server now, including "call me back when I can send" for HTTP.

AFAIK that's enough plumbing to deal with any kind of http payload.

Did you identify what stops you from sending it using the technique in
the test server for leaf.jpg?

-Andy