[Libwebsockets] MAX_CLIENTS undefined

"Andy Green (林安廸)" andy at warmcat.com
Thu Jan 17 12:58:51 CET 2013

On 17/01/13 19:50, the mail apparently from Jack Mitchell included:
> With my most recent libwebsockets build I now get:
>
> | In file included from extension.c:5:0:
> | extension-x-google-mux.h:63:36: error: 'MAX_CLIENTS' undeclared here
> (not in a function)
> | make[2]: *** [libwebsockets_la-extension.lo] Error 1
> | make[2]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....

Hm I was still setting MAX_CLIENTS by accident from configure, so I
didn't notice.

I had a patch ready to remove x-google-mux, I am not currently working
on it.  So I pushed it and that should solve that...

http://git.libwebsockets.org/cgi-bin/cgit/libwebsockets/commit/?id=4a673a38cadd452318609b81dc1270d8cdb6b6de

> I saw some talk around MAX_CLIENT in previous emails so I wonder if I
> have to define it myself (if so it should be in the README), or if a
> sane default will automatically set?

Yes MAX_CLIENTS has gone, the New Way is the library finds out how many
file descriptors the OS will let it have and then allocates at runtime.
  So you can control this now by ulimit at runtime without needing
anything doing at configure-time.