[Libwebsockets] CMake for libwebsockets

"Andy Green (林安廸)" andy at warmcat.com
Tue Jan 22 04:35:16 CET 2013

On 22/01/13 11:28, the mail apparently from FNA included:
> I was just curious what are the chances of getting a CMake make file for
> the project that will enable it to be built using whatever compiler the
> person has available? I am targetting VS2008, and Netbeans 7.2.1 on
> Windows and Netbeans 7.2.1 on Ubuntu. Just thought, that having a CMake
> file to use that CMake could automatically generate the correct project
> files for the library would easy a few things for myself and perhaps
> others using / wanting to use the library.

I don't have any experience with cmake but a quick google shows it's an
alternative to autotools basically.

You can get autotools to build cross / for other environments by using
--host= as described here

http://git.libwebsockets.org/cgi-bin/cgit/libwebsockets/tree/README.build

but that requires the cross toolchain to be installed on your unix box.

I did some work before about allowing it to be built under mingw, which
fits into this model; I can get mingw packages from Fedora repo for
example to build with Windows, and I am sure it'll be availble on Ubuntu
too.

http://www.mingw.org/

Have you considered going the mingw route and building the library for
Windows on Ubuntu too?