[Libwebsockets] http server: LWS_CALLBACK_ESTABLISHED & LWS_CALLBACK_CLOSED

"Andy Green (林安廸)" andy at warmcat.com
Mon Jun 10 15:03:52 CEST 2013

On 10/06/13 20:36, the mail apparently from Niall Davidson included:
> Hi,
>
> Are there any plans to implement these callbacks when using the
> HTTP(S) protocol component? Or any specific reason why they're not
> being used?

Yes the ESTABLISHED callback has the specific meaning that a *websocket*
link was established though.

There's a different one when a HTTP GET is received that is not trying
to upgrade the connection to Websockets.

> The reason I ask is that I am operating lws in a threaded app and I'm
> making async calls to a db to retrieve info, trying to keep track of
> whether or not an http socket has disappeared when an async call
> returns seems to be all but impossible given the current
> implementation. Having LWS_CALLBACK_ESTABLISHED & LWS_CALLBACK_CLOSED
> would be useful to allow me to properly determine when a problem has
> occurred.

I see... it is possible to add a callback for this.

What exactly are you thinking it should reflect, something like ACCEPTED
when the listening socket accepts a connection?   CLOSE_HTTP?