[Libwebsockets] libwebsockets_broadcast

Michel Archambault marchamb at matrox.com
Wed Mar 27 14:39:39 CET 2013

I cannot do it in the service loop since the function that get data to broadcast is a callback call when data is available from an hardware event.

What I have done is :
- At init: pass a pointer (where I will copy my data) to libwebsocket_create_context() via lws_context_creation_info.user.
- In my callback function on an hardware event:
  - received the same pointer;
  - copy the data at this memory location;
  - call libwebsocket_callback_on_writable_all_protocol() for this protocol.
- In my callback function for this protocol, on LWS_CALLBACK_SERVER_WRITEABLE:
  - retrieve my pointer using libwebsocket_context_user()
  - Write data to the weebsocket using libwebsocket_write()

I would like to known if it is the good way to do it?

--
Michel Archambault