[Libwebsockets] libwebsockets is taking 50% cpu cycle after serving one http connection

"Andy Green (林安廸)" andy at warmcat.com
Mon Nov 4 03:39:42 CET 2013

On 31/10/13 15:41, the mail apparently from bjorka adinov included:
> Hello Andy,
>
> I managed to compiled and ran test_server sample (from ver. 1.22) using
> Visual Studio 2008 compiler (My OS is windows 7 home premium). I
> accessed http://localhost:7681 and it was functioning well, the
> dumb_increment protocol worked (the counter number was running), and the
> lws_mirror also working ( I can draw shapes).
>
> Unfortunately the application consumed 50% cycle of my CPU (Core 2 Duo
> 2,5 GHZ). I tried to modify test.html file, make it only serves static
> html page and no javascript whatsoever and the problem persist. After
> few seconds, the cpu cycle will always go to 50%.

Well libwebsockets should show almost 0% CPU if idle or even just doing
the dumb increment.

Please try 1.23 or current git head and see if it's any diffferent.

No need to modify the test apps, they should show the 0% behaviour or
something is wrong.

-Andy