[Libwebsockets] [libwebsockets] #46: Does not work with Safari for Windows and Safari for iOS

"Andy Green (林安廸)" andy at warmcat.com
Wed Nov 6 22:36:57 CET 2013

On 06/11/13 20:09, the mail apparently from Graham Newton included:
> Andy
> I realise that you have good reasons for doing this but I would like to
> flag that this is causing me an issue as well.
> This is just to indicate that aleksandr is not the only one!!
> I know that Apple are a pain in this respect but in the real world we
> have to deal with them.

Is it really true that "Safari" as a whole does not support anything
later than 00 / 76?

http://caniuse.com/websockets

says that 6.0, 6.1 and 7.0 "support websockets", does that mean the
released RFC or the old stuff?  No version of Safari supports the
released version of the spec?  It's hard to believe.

-Andy

> Regards
> Graham
>
> On 06/11/13 10:07, Trac wrote:
>> #46: Does not work with Safari for Windows and Safari for iOS
>> ------------------------------------+------------------------
>>    Reporter:  aleksandr.gutenev      |      Owner:
>>        Type:  enhancement            |     Status:  closed
>>   Component:  libwebsockets library  |    Version:
>> Resolution:  wontfix                |   Keywords:  Safari iOS
>> ------------------------------------+------------------------
>> Changes (by agreen):
>>
>>   * status:  new => closed
>>   * resolution:   => wontfix
>>

>> Old description:
>>
>>> Safari uses old version of !WebSocket protocol.
>>>
>>> Its request look like this:
>>> {{{
>>> GET / HTTP/1.1
>>> Upgrade: WebSocket
>>> Connection: Upgrade
>>> Host: 172.28.100.5
>>> Origin:http://172.28.100.5
>>> Sec-WebSocket-Key1: J  g1 8 e4 43X6T76  m0V   Sc  0u
>>> Sec-WebSocket-Key2: 38K+   9207FV|  li8 o92  {q8

NbEMq1