[Libwebsockets] how is partial write handled

LANGLOIS Olivier PIS -EXT olivier.pis.langlois at transport.alstom.com
Wed Oct 16 22:53:35 CEST 2013

Hi,

I'm evaluating libwebsockets or Boost::WebSocket++ for developping. I am not a big fan of ASIO because I like being able to understand what the framework is doing under the hood and with its convoluted use of OO design and heavy template use, I just find doing that plain hard.

However, there is one small detail that stops me adopting libwebsockets:

I have just looked the code of lwsl_write() and partial writes appear to not be supported at all.

With non blocking i/o, partial writes are inevitable for numerous reasons. Maybe a server will try to send few MBs one shot or the socket send buffer get full temporarily because some clients are slow to send back ACKs or it could be some other reasons.

I'm currently using 1.22. Is the situation better in the git head version?

If not, is this enhancement in the short-term roadmap?

CONFIDENTIALITY : This e-mail and any attachments are confidential and may be privileged. If you are not a named recipient, please notify the sender immediately and do not disclose the contents to another person, use it for any purpose or store or copy the information in any medium.