[Libwebsockets] Tagging

"Andy Green (林安廸)" andy at warmcat.com
Sat Oct 26 14:58:50 CEST 2013

On 26/10/13 20:53, the mail apparently from Daniel Griscom included:
> I've been wondering: what's the significance of the "chromeXX-firefoxYY"
> in the release tags?

It's just noting I tested those versions of Chrome and Firefox with the
test apps.

> Thanks,
> Dan
>
> P.S. It's been fun to watch all the progress being made; I think of it
> as "vicarious programming".

Ha glad you're enjoying it.  I have learned a great deal about
nonblocking worldview and network programming generally doing this and
it is really great to see so many contributions coming back.

-Andy

> At 8:43 PM +0800 10/26/13, Andy Green (ó-à¿úN) wrote:
>> On 24/10/13 23:10, the mail apparently from Arokux X included:
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> I've noticed you guys do not like to tag much. However this is
>>> important for the users like me who want to checkout a bit tested code
>>> and are afraid of bleeding edge i.e. HEAD.
>>
>> You're right, it has been a long time since the last tag.
>>
>> I have been hanging on to release v1.23 that's done now and tagged
>>
>> v1.23-chrome32-firefox24
>>
>> There's a very big diffstat, on the last release we still had
>> autotools build.  Most of the notable features are in the changelog
>>
>> http://git.libwebsockets.org/cgi-bin/cgit/libwebsockets/tree/changelog?id=81877e6a4ce78d687f46ec525651813604ce48cc
>>

>> but there was also a lot of small robustness work and hopefully making
>> the last corner cases fully nonblocking.
>>
>> -Andy
>>
>>> Thanks
>>> Arokux