[Libwebsockets] Limits on libwebsocket_write sizes?

Michael Ihde mike.ihde at randomwalking.com
Sat Sep 21 20:17:58 CEST 2013

I'm using libwebsocket in a project and with both the HEAD and the 1.22 tag
I've seen various problems when I make a write call and the buffer exceeds
a certain size.

Sometimes I get messages like "[1379778593:9959] ERR: Unable to spill ext
29572 vs 16384", and sometimes I get segmentation faults.

My buffer includes the proper pre-padding and post-padding.  Simply making
my buffer smaller the problems go away.

I'm assuming none of this is expected, so I'm planning on trying to find
and fix the bug.  But I thought it might be useful to check with other
users first.

~Michael