[Libwebsockets] Error 98 on binding port (Nios II)

Simone Maccanti simonemacc at gmail.com
Tue Apr 1 22:24:07 CEST 2014

Hello guys.
First of all thanks for this great library!
I'm trying to port libwebsockets to uCLinux (Board with Nios II) for use
Websockets and speed up some data published by the Board web page... so I'm
doing some experiments. I've built the lib and everything seems fine, then
i've build a simple server using Test-server.c for try to communicate to a
simple web page.
The default port is the 55554 instead of 7681, but every time i start the
server (Test-server.c) libwebsocket_create_context fails with error 98
(bind: Address already in use). Starting the server with another port
(using the option --port) for example 55555, works.
The 55554 is not used of course and i can change it with another port: same
results, it fails.
Seems an issue about how the socket is open and only the first time.
Any idea?
Thanks.