[Libwebsockets] SVG file rendering in IE

Thomas Spitz thomas.spitz at hestia-france.com
Tue Apr 8 15:28:31 CEST 2014

Hello everyone,

I am using the HTTP libwebsocket server to serve svg files. I just added
the following :

if (!strcmp(&file[n - 4], ".svg"))
> return "image/svg+xml";

 In my html file, I use an object tag:
<object data="image.svg" type="image/svg+xml" width="320" height="200" >
</object>
It works perfectly for every browser (Chrome, Opera, Firefox, Android
browser) but on IE, i don't get any image.

If I store the html file and the svg image on a windows computer it works
well for IE . That is why I was wondering whether there could be something
to set up in libwebsocket...

If I launch those same file from a linux NAS server, it doesn't work very
well neither.

Hope you could help me.
BR,
Thomas