[Libwebsockets] Error 98 on binding port (Nios II)

Simone Maccanti simonemacc at gmail.com
Wed Apr 2 16:32:30 CEST 2014

Ok, thanks Andy... I'm "experimenting" and I still have to understand well
how things works.
Oh... another thing: when the server is listening on a certain port, i
tried to make a connection using a very simple web page. I've found several
example on Internet, they are pretty much the same:
using javascript:
new WebSocket(serviceUrl, protocol), where serviceUrl =
'ws://localhost:55554/' and protocol is 'dumb-increment-protocol' for
example.
The connection is closed immediately. Of course if the port is already in
use, nobody can reply, but even after i use another port i've the same
result. I can only see some activity in Test-server only if i connect the
browser straight to that port: http://<ip_board>:55554, but not if i use a
js. So this means to me that the webserver we use doesn't support
websockets.