[Libwebsockets] SVG file rendering in IE

Andy Green andy at warmcat.com
Thu Apr 10 04:31:26 CEST 2014

On 04/08/2014 09:28 PM, Thomas Spitz wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I am using the HTTP libwebsocket server to serve svg files. I just added
> the following :
>
>     if (!strcmp(&file[n - 4], ".svg"))
>     return "image/svg+xml";
>

>   In my html file, I use an object tag:
> <object data="image.svg" type="image/svg+xml" width="320" height="200" >
> </object>
> It works perfectly for every browser (Chrome, Opera, Firefox, Android
> browser) but on IE, i don't get any image.
>
> If I store the html file and the svg image on a windows computer it
> works well for IE . That is why I was wondering whether there could be
> something to set up in libwebsocket...
>
> If I launch those same file from a linux NAS server, it doesn't work
> very well neither.

Unless it's related to an ongoing timing? -related bug we're looking at

https://github.com/warmcat/libwebsockets/issues/102

it sounds like an IE quirk, especially as it only affects SVG which for
Microsoft was Not Invented Here.

Have you tried very small SVG files see if that makes a difference?
Maybe try with / without SSL?

-Andy