[Libwebsockets] help

dacog at libero.it dacog at libero.it
Tue Dec 30 12:22:17 CET 2014

Hi guys,

I'm developing a system on BeagleBone Black with ARM Cortex-A8 processor. This Beagle is connect to a capacitive touchscreen
that display graph with data reads from sensors connected at the board.

I have known libwebsockets 2 weeks ago, so i have tried to compile and use them on my Ubuntu desktop and i can say that thee library are fantastic : always is fine!
Now I have to cross-compile them for my ARM :using linaro-gcc-4.8 toolchain. Crosscompile operation terminate succesful with
cmake options -DLWS_WITHOUT_EXTENSIONS=1 and -DLWS_WITH_SSL=0 as README.build file suggest me.

Then:
1)  I have copied "libwebsockets-test-server","libwebsockets-test-client" and shared library on my BBB;
2)  create a symbolic link  ln -s /lib/ld-2.16.so /lib/ld-linux-armhf.so.3 to a shared library that
  that executable file needs. In Angstrom distribution library has a different name!
3) try to launch "libwebsockets-test-server" program and  it says:
   Segmentation fault
4) try to launch "libwebsockets-test-client 127.0.0.1 --port=7681" program and it says:
   (C) Copyright 2010-2013 Andy Green <andy at warmcat.com> licensed under LGPL2.1
   [411844:6994] NOTICE: Initial logging level 7
   [411844:7006] NOTICE: Library version: 1.3 080e6dd
   [411844:7025] NOTICE: IPV6 compiled in and enabled
   [411844:7030] NOTICE: libev support not compiled in
   Segmentation fault

I think that there is a problem with the shared libraries.

can someone help me?

Thanks
Dario