[Libwebsockets] External POLL using select system call

Andy Green andy at warmcat.com
Wed Dec 3 14:12:10 CET 2014

On 3 December 2014 19:29:06 GMT+08:00, Subi S S <subi.s at cambiumnetworks.com> wrote:
>Hi all,
>
>I am planning to write a websock client/server for  a device where POLL
>system call is not available,
>So I am planning to write external POLLing mechanism using select
>system call ,
>Any one has done this before ? or do you see any issues with
>libwebsockets + external select call.?

Yes at some point poll was emulated by select for Windows and it worked ok.

We changed some things since then, like adding a method to interrupt an idle poll wait if we want to change the POLLIN or POLLOUT on someone that was waiting.  But that should also be able to work the same in select() I think.

-Andy