[Libwebsockets] [RFC] refactoring event_ops

Andy Green andy at warmcat.com
Tue Dec 16 01:41:46 CET 2014

On 16 December 2014 07:36:21 GMT+08:00, Alejandro Mery <amery at geeks.cl> wrote:
>Hi,
>the following is an initial attempt to decouple the polling from the
>platform specific code and allow integrating other event loops in
>future
>without polling the code base. It's not really a "pull request" but a
>request for comments, testing and feedback.

Well it's looking very good to me, thanks for your work on it.

>regarding libev, the LWS_SERVER_OPTION_LIBEV is still there and
>functional
>but I wonder if I should remove it entirely. SIGINT catching hasn't

If we could maintain the facade overall for libev guys that nothing changed for their code, we should keep it.  If there's something they anyway have to change with this, we should eliminate it at the same time.

>been
>readded because I believe it's out of the scope of lws.

Yes... lws gets integrated into existing projects with their own signal handling and sequencing needs so we should just leave it to the user code, it'd just be annoying.

-Andy