[Libwebsockets] [libwebsockets] Why is SO_REUSEADDR disabled for Windows? (#65)

"Andy Green (林安廸)" andy at warmcat.com
Sat Feb 22 11:05:03 CET 2014

On 22/02/14 17:43, the mail apparently from MacGritsch included:
> Hi,
>
> also under Windows SO_REUSEADDR is needed, otherwise you can not bind if you are restarting a crashed service.
>
> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/14388706/socket-options-so-reuseaddr-and-so-reuseport-how-do-they-differ-do-they-mean-t
>
> 2341c2341
> < #ifndef WIN32
> ---
>> //#ifndef WIN32 //needed for windows too
> 2351c2351
> < #endif
> ---
>> //#endif

I'm reliant on Windows users to send patches, I don't use it.

 From the comment it looks like I or somebody else found it made trouble
before by not following normal semantics with that flag.

If it works properly now (or always did...) then fine -->

http://git.libwebsockets.org/cgi-bin/cgit/libwebsockets/commit/?id=86267d94ad5c552fddc9965e9d2f86f6f77989e2

-Andy