[Libwebsockets] [libwebsockets] replace old extpoll callbacks with LWS_CALLBACK_CHANGE_MODE_POLL_FD (b309305)

Andy Green andy at warmcat.com
Mon Feb 24 21:23:30 CET 2014

On 25 February 2014 02:42:39 GMT+09:00, JoakimSoderberg <notifications at github.com> wrote:
>In my opinion, stuff like this should be deprecated and phased out
>instead of simply removed.

The interface for extpoll will be different in the next release.

That is why we have soname bumps.

There's a much bigger issue for this library stable-api wise which is websockets getting subsumed into http2.  And that will cause more api upheavels, again mostly enhancements.

So I do not think signing up to a stable abi is a good way.

-Andy