[Libwebsockets] Libwebsockets push from the server problem

"Andy Green (林安廸)" andy at warmcat.com
Sat Feb 15 07:54:52 CET 2014

On 04/02/14 22:28, the mail apparently from Sergio Vasquez included:
> Hello,
>
> I have almost finished my own server with
> libwebsockets-1.23-chrome32-firefox24, but there is a last subprotocol
> that I will need to implement. That protocol needs that the client
> establishes the connection and then wait for the server to push data
> within a certain frequency. During that time the client must just wait,
> it cannot send any message to the server.
> My problem is that the threads where the server code is executing must
> return and my wsi (struct libwebsocket parameter) cannot be saved.
> I manage to save the context but I do not know how to push data just
> with that. Do you have any ideas?

Yes...

If you trap the connection established and closed callbacks, you can
hold a wsi under some circumstances.

But about the only thing it's safe to do with it is call the "call me
back when writeable" callback

libwebsocket_callback_on_writable()

and you'll have to do your own thread locking in established / close and
around the call to libwebsocket_callback_on_writable().

However that's enough to do what you want, the connection will receive a
callback a short time later and can look in there to understand he needs
to send something.

-Andy