[Libwebsockets] [libwebsockets] replace old extpoll callbacks with LWS_CALLBACK_CHANGE_MODE_POLL_FD (b309305)

"Andy Green (林安廸)" andy at warmcat.com
Tue Feb 25 12:50:50 CET 2014

On 25/02/14 06:36, the mail apparently from Craig McQueen included:
>> websockets getting subsumed into http2
>
> Where can we find out about this? I wasn't aware of this.

You can read about it on hybi.

http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/hybi/current/threads.html

Basically it seems during the creation of websockets it was in
competition with spdy, Google pushed ws mux very hard but it has
actually come to exist instead in http2.

Now the discussion is how to fold ws semantics into the bigger,
mux-baked-in http2.

It won't be ws protocol it'll be something else, and the upgrade will
change to an h2 one, not websocket.

However in terms of overall function, http2 + ws server and client will
still be very useful, so it seems there is an obvious way forward.

-Andy