[Libwebsockets] [libwebsockets] Use fread() when serving http files (#68)

"Andy Green (林安廸)" andy at warmcat.com
Thu Feb 27 01:37:27 CET 2014

On 27/02/14 08:11, the mail apparently from Patrick Gansterer included:
> Do you consider fread() not as a standard function?

I consider that lws is made to work on very resource-constrained platforms.

All of the bloat can be sheared off with CMake options.

So having the C library use extra memory by arranging buffering for
every file IO isn't desirable; we don't use the other f... APIs that
exploit it and don't need the bloat.

As I say I'm not against doing it just I don't see why every platform
must change how they do file IO because of the POS that is WinCE.  So if
we can do it in a way that is consonant with what is already there,
it'll be good.

-Andy