[Libwebsockets] Getting CLIENT_WRITEABLE before CLIENT_ESTABLISHED

Andy Green andy at warmcat.com
Thu Jul 17 00:10:59 CEST 2014

On 17 July 2014 05:48:25 GMT+08:00, lws14 at mordent.com wrote:
>Yes, but the same section says:
>
>You get an opportunity to initialize user data when called back with
>LWS_CALLBACK_ESTABLISHED reason. So are we supposed to poke into the
>"user" data during ESTABLISHED or during WSI_CREATE?

"user data" attached to the wsi can only be allocated when the protocol was agreed, because the size of it is defined per-protocol.  So it only becomes available at ESTABLISHED like it says.

There's an alternative client connect api that lets you pass in external user data for the connection.  If you used that, it should be available at CREATE.

-Andy