[Libwebsockets] Windows bind interface

Dániel Várnai dvarnai at gmail.com
Fri Jun 13 10:47:36 CEST 2014

Hey,

I'd like to ask if there's a way to bind to a specific IP address on
Windows. As far as I saw interface_to_sa just returns -1 on Windows causing
create_context to fail if any interface is set on Windows. Right now I
changed interface_to_sa to

LWS_VISIBLE int
interface_to_sa(struct libwebsocket_context *context,
        const char *ifname, struct sockaddr_in *addr, size_t addrlen)
{
    addr->sin_addr.s_addr = inet_addr(ifname);
    return 0;
}

as a quick fix, but I wonder if there's a way already to set the bind IP
that I missed and if not, why's it possible on linux and not on Windows?

Thanks,
Daniel