[Libwebsockets] [libwebsockets] Define libwebsocket_write_http as a macro instead of inline (#87)

"Andy Green (林安廸)" andy at warmcat.com
Mon Mar 3 13:00:59 CET 2014

On 03/03/14 19:23, the mail apparently from Patrick Gansterer included:
> This solves two problems:
> a) We do not need to use the keyword inline in the public header.
> b) We avoid a possible warning about an unused static function.

Well, I pushed it and it does circumvent the issue.

http://git.libwebsockets.org/cgi-bin/cgit/libwebsockets/commit/?id=cb6ee152d2a4c5303750233a46a8274e115b90d3

But there's a pile of unwritten rules from other platforms kind of
accumulating.  They're rules we don't test for and I anyway won't
automatically know about or follow.

Basically I spend all day writing Linux kernel code, so I want to code
in that style.  I'm not telling you it's "better" just that anything
that conflicts makes trouble for me.

Solutions that help that (I think conditionally #defining inline helps
that) are a good direction.  Here we kind of agreed to avoid it not
solve it.

Anyway thanks for the patch.

-Andy