[Libwebsockets] [libwebsockets] Use CP rather than INSTALL_BIN (#88)

"Andy Green (林安廸)" andy at warmcat.com
Fri Mar 7 01:35:58 CET 2014

On 06/03/14 22:49, the mail apparently from John Clark included:
> The symlinks are indeed created automagically by the cmake based build
> process.  That part is fine.  The stanza I modified is the install part

Hum I know ldconfig cooks the "more generic" symlinks but when I go to
check existing (other) packages, I see they are including some library
symlinks.  So I guess I do not fully understand the rules for this.

> where it lifts these properly created files (both the lib and its
> symbolic link) and places them into the package directory so it can make
> the squashfs.  Using the "install" command during this staging process
> causes the lib to appear in the target twice -- once named as .so and
> once named as so.4.0.0.  The copy command preserves the symbolic link.
> So this is a fix to the staging process.

OK thanks.

Especially since it's only affecting openwrt I should "shut up and take
the patch" ^^

However the first part of the patch replacing cross-openwrt-makefile did
not seem to have any real diff, did I already take that perhaps?

http://git.libwebsockets.org/cgi-bin/cgit/libwebsockets/commit/?id=25f8b9e230533f502d0af0b57bef6069d5aa2c1e

-Andy