[Libwebsockets] Hi, libwebsockets + socket.io

"Andy Green (林安廸)" andy at warmcat.com
Sun Mar 23 05:38:53 CET 2014

On 22/03/14 17:25, the mail apparently from Nosherwan Minwalla included:
> Dear Andy,
>
> First, thank you so much for your libwebsockets library. It's great. I've
> been using it with some generic WebSocket servers.
>
> I recently switched to Socket.IO for some added functionality I needed
> (rooms, broadcasts etc.). I would like to use this library with
> socket.iobut I understand that the
> socket.io protocol isn't quite standard websockets.
>
> I was going through the source of libwebsockets and found references to
> socket.io at
> https://github.com/warmcat/libwebsockets/blob/master/lib/client.c (in
> libwebsockets_generate_client_handshake).

These were in the standard at that time as examples I think.  I just
pasted them in to work from the easier.  It's never been tested with
socket.io as far as I know.

> I'm a bit new to C and was wondering if you have any examples of using this
> to connect to a socket.io server. I apologize for the very basic nature of
> my question.

As of May 2013, I got some private mail from a guy using it who found it
had the old, pre-standard version of websockets still (some v16 that
expired a couple of years ago now)

If it's still like that I'm not planning to support it.

-Andy