[Libwebsockets] [libwebsockets] max frame size / rx buffer send limitation (#89)

"Andy Green (林安廸)" andy at warmcat.com
Sun Mar 23 04:40:48 CET 2014

On 23/03/14 11:33, the mail apparently from gaby64 included:
> you missed my edit:
>
> it still wont send with SSL_MODE_ACCEPT_MOVING_WRITE_BUFFER set
> stuck with SSL_ERROR_WANT_WRITE

Yes github didn't send an email for your edit.

> i dont understand the websocket implementation enough to figure out how to fix this,
> i assumed the implementation should handle message fragmentation for atomic messages of any size.

Message fragmentation is something else, see the fraggle test app for
how to do it.  That will make this problem go away.

But we have already seen many people are not able to cope with the idea
of explicit message fragmentation at websocket layer, they just want
"fire and forget" for any size buffer.

What we have with the malloc truncation handling is OK for them, except
as you found for this SSL quirk.

WANT_WRITE should be okay, we have been through this a long time ago and
it is correctly handled normally now.

Let me continue with what I had in mind and I'll also keep an eye out
for WANT_WRITE trouble.

-Andy