[Libwebsockets] Fwd: ipv6

"Andy Green (林安廸)" andy at warmcat.com
Tue Mar 25 08:15:45 CET 2014

On 25/03/14 10:36, the mail apparently from James Devine included:

> One thing I noticed was in client-handshake there's a LWS_WITH_IPV6 that
> should probably be switched to LWS_USE_IPV6.  Even with this the
> test-client won't connect to the test-server.  I don't have time to debug
> this tonight but I can hit it tomorrow and see whats up.

Actually with that fix (pushed) test client can connect to test server
over ipv6 perfectly well here, tested both on localhost

tcp6    3149     20 ::1:7681                ::1:36765
ESTABLISHED 31792/libwebsockets

and it's workable on Chrome at least as normal.

For Luc's original issue, I don't have an ipv6 setup (and in fact am in
a hotel these last days anyway) to test it.  I guess the problem may be
reaching IPV4 addresses through IPV6.

However Luc is it still broken if you enable IPV6 and use the option
flag to defeat it?

-Andy