[Libwebsockets] [libwebsockets] max frame size / rx buffer send limitation (#89)

Andy Green andy at warmcat.com
Mon Mar 31 13:06:21 CEST 2014

On 03/31/2014 04:38 PM, Andy Green wrote:

> On 03/31/2014 03:46 PM, gaby64 wrote:
>> im running chromium-browser in linux mint
>> try adding to the test a http callback and loading the test.html from
>> there
>
> Yeah.
>
> After some meddling with the test app I can reproduce it
>
> WebSocket connection to 'ws://127.0.0.1:7682/' failed: One or more
> reserved bits are on: reserved1 = 0, reserved2 = 1, reserved3 = 1
>
> I will study it tonight thanks.

http://warmcat.com/test-2.tar.gz

works for me without changing libwebsockets.

Basically if the buffer is "clean", was not rewritten by an extension,
libwebsocket_write can return a genuine partial send and leave it for
user code to handle.  lws doesn't want to do the malloc and buffer
copies unless it has to.

If you look at the changes in LWS_CALLBACK_SERVER_WRITEABLE in your test
app user code, it should be easy to deal with.