[Libwebsockets] puzzled by partial writes

Michael Haberler mail17 at mah.priv.at
Sat May 24 09:54:06 CEST 2014

I'm stuck on an error on partial writes which I dont understand

I use no_buffer_all_partial_tx = 0 so the library handles partial writes for me - libwebsocket_write() gives no indication it could'nt write all of the buffer, but then I run into this:

May 24 09:25:22 msgd:0: ---- Websocket write 19/19
May 24 09:25:22 msgd:0: ---- Websocket write 171/171
May 24 09:25:22 msgd:0: ---- Websocket write 19/19
May 24 09:25:22 msgd:0: ---- Websocket write 171/171
May 24 09:25:22 msgd:0: ***** b5115468 new partial sent 0 from 21 total
May 24 09:25:22 msgd:0: ---- Websocket write 19/19
May 24 09:25:22 msgd:0: ****** b5115468 Sending new, pending truncated ...
/home/mah/src/libwebsockets-warmcat/lib/output.c:112: lws_issue_raw: Assertion `0' failed.

does this ring a bell? a code smell?

thanks in advance,

Michael

ps: I dont exclude I made some error, or a stray pointer damages something