[Libwebsockets] current and git version - partial send handling

Andy Green andy at warmcat.com
Fri Nov 7 10:02:44 CET 2014

On 7 November 2014 16:29:50 GMT+08:00, Marcin Gibula <m.gibula at gmail.com> wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I've been playing with partial writes in libwebsockets 1.3 and current
>git version. There are some things that are confusing and unclear for
>me:
>
>1. In current version there is a flag 'no_buffer_all_partial_tx' which
>- according to description, should be set to 0 if I want to
>libwebsockets to take care of all partial writes. However, from what
>I've tested, it's opposite - I need to set it to 1 to avoid having
>libwebsocket_write() returning partial writes.

It's deprecated.

>2. In git version there is no flag 'no_buffer_all_partial_tx' and no
>way of avoiding partial writes?

Yeah it became clear, if they are existing, under some conditions partial writes MUST be handled by the library.

>I'm not using any websockets extensions nor SSL.

Partial writes caused so much trouble they are mandatory now.

If you don't want the unknown allocation overhead, because your system is very small and nothing holds any partial tx state, a patch to turn them off by a flag in info / and a CONFIG to disable them at build time would be okay with me.  If it works...