[Libwebsockets] Performance issues with LWS

Andy Green andy at warmcat.com
Fri Oct 3 20:33:56 CEST 2014

On 4 October 2014 02:42:20 GMT+09:00, SriHarsha <mynameissriharsha at gmail.com> wrote:
>I have some test javascript code that just creates a web socket a few
>times
>(100 for instance) and onopen it calls close.
>
>I am running the test-server code to create and service the web
>sockets.
>
>I see that the memory used by the test-server never goes down. It keeps
>going up.

How are you measuring 'memory used'?  Because that's a bit of a slippery concept.

>However, when I run leaks on the process it reports that there are no
>leaks.
>
>The only thing I can think of is that the LWS context is holding onto
>all
>of the memory and never frees it. Has anyone seen this issue ?

When the connection closes the memory used for that is freed.

Whether that impacts 'memory used' whatever that means depends on your malloc and os Implementation.

I think you find there is no problem in lws about this.

-Andy